Elder Xelpud is the village elder of the village outside of the ruins. How he got this illustrious position is anyone's guess as he's self-centered, tech-wise and has some disturbing tendencies. Nevertheless, he helps Lemeza often during his adventures in the ruins and provides insight into the past as he is one of the 7th children. Though he also has a tendency to call him in for no good reason or accuse him of theft if he takes something from the shrine on the surface.
He is the writer of the in-game E-mails which provide clues, explanation, and flavor text at certain parts of the game.
(* just speculation for what might add new dialogue)
- Speak to the Elder at the beginning of the game
Welcome! You that Professor Lemeza, am I right?
I think, er, I know what you're looking for--La-Mulana, right?
Them ruins can be reached down by the outskirts of this village.
- Enter the tent again.
- Enter the tent once more.
- Entering with Usable Items equipped
- Equipping the Hand Scanner
- Equipping the Pepper
- Equipping the Mini Doll
- Equipping the Woman Statue (missable if you transform it first)
- Equipping the Maternity Statue
- Equipping the Serpent Staff
- Equipping the Key of Eternity
- Equipping the Lamp of Time (charged)
- Equipping the Talisman
- Equipping the Diary
- Equipping the Mulana Talisman
- Equipping the Dragon Bone
- Equipping the Cog of the Soul
- Equipping the Magatama Jewel
- Equipping the Vessel
- Equipping the Djed Pillar
for the rest, see here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284537618
- In the path to activating Hell Temple, enter the tent at night for his final line (not sure if it counts).
18. He gives you a final dialogue line after finishing Hell Temple and then entering his tent while wearing the bathing suit. It’s roughly the same as his “the wind is howling” line, only this one adds extra emphasis to “daaaaay~”
- His claim of being the final boss is a reference to another game.
- He has a laptop and has enough skill at programming to create his own mail-receiver software for Lemeza's laptop.
- The statue near the entry point to the ruins looks like him.
- Xelpud wears an MSX T-shirt under his robes. This is visible on his Trading Card.